To step aside from analytics and extreme statistics, I wanted to write an article about something that was different from the normal theme of this website. I enjoy writing about all of the stats but this was a topic that I wanted to write about. This topic is different than most too since the material is more subjective and not factually based. So keep that in mind when you start bashing my opinions in this article. Regardless, I hope you enjoy it and if you have any responses, I would love to hear them in the comments below.
15. St. Louis Cardinals – The Cardinals have added some key pieces in the offseason which puts them in contention when they were on the outside looking in last year. They are part of a tough division but they are still a good team which makes them an average team to watch. Which is fitting since they rank exactly in the middle in all of baseball for this ranking.
14. Tampa Bay Rays – The Rays may be in the middle of the pack on this list but they are still a great team to watch. They’re easy to root for as they are a small market team going up against some of biggest monopolies in baseball (Yankees and Red Sox). Their ball park may not be the most attractive to some but I honestly don’t mind watching a game played there.
13. Toronto Blue Jays – Vlad Jr. carries so much star power that now everyone wants to watch this team. This team has some young stars in their system and they will only be getting better in the coming years. It may take a while for all of them to develop but they are starting to crack into the league now. Let’s not forget that their fan base is electric, especially in the postseason which is a great reason to watch.
12. Los Angeles Angels – The Angels really aren’t an exciting team but when you have the best player in baseball, that has to account for something. Ohtani is so special as well as everyone wants to see if he can master hitting and pitching against the best players in the world.
11. San Diego Padres – After signing Manny Machado and calling up Fernando Tatis Jr. the Padres have quickly become an exciting team to watch and they play in one of the best ballparks in the league.
10. Philadelphia Phillies – This team writes its own explanation. It doesn’t matter if you love or hate Bryce Harper, you want to watch him. This team is now filled with stars after an active offseason and it’s interesting to see what they are going to do this season.
8. Houston Astros – Many would rank them higher but I just don’t enjoy watching this team play as much as others. Minute Maid Park is nothing special and there are no exciting pitchers to watch other than Verlander. Their infield is something else though and Alex Bregman plays with such a fire personality.
8. New York Yankees – With Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton roaming the same outfield, who wouldn’t want to watch? Their team is so good and they play by the long ball which is fun to watch.
7. Cleveland Indians – This team is just electric. Trevor Bauer and Francisco Lindor have such great personalities and it’s great for the game of baseball. They are an easy team to root for as well with their extremely long championship drought.
6. Washington Nationals – Many people are probably going to be surprised that I have the Nationals ranked this high but for me, I enjoy watching this team. Max Scherzer has to be one of the most fun players to watch in the league, no one wants to win more than him. I find Juan Soto fun to watch too as his future is developing right in front of us. In the coming years, he will be one of the best players in baseball.
5. Milwaukee Brewers – If you were to select a team that got the biggest snub on this list, you’d probably choose the Brewers. Basically Christian Yelich is what makes them so fun to watch. No doubt about that their one of the best teams in baseball right now, but other than Yelich and Hader it just feels like there isn’t that much more to watch.
4. Atlanta Braves – With some of the best young talent in the game, who wouldn’t want to watch the Braves? Their ballpark also ranks among the best in my opinion which I am sure many won’t agree with. Regardless, their a fun team to watch and when they make it to the post season, their famous chant is something you want to be apart of.
3. Boston Red Sox – First off, you can’t beat their stadium. Their great atmosphere and the great lineup makes the franchise to be a fun team to watch. No players jump out as a “must watch” except for Mookie Betts and Chris Sale. However, if Chris Sale is on the mound, there is no other game that I would rather watch.
2. Los Angeles Dodgers – With being so competitive in recent history paired with a lot of exciting player makes them the fun to watch. By having Walker Buehler and Clayton Kershaw paired together you’re bound to see one of the best pitchers in the league play two of every five games. Cody Bellinger has become one of the best players in the league this season and that just serves as even more proof that the Dodgers are fun to watch.
1.Chicago Cubs – If the Cubs are on and it’s a home game, odds are I am turning the game on. I love Wrigley Field and every player on their team is fun to watch. Bryant and Rizzo lead the offense that seems to be balanced throughout. The pitching is also really good which makes all parts of the Cubs fun to watch. Kyle Hendricks, Jon Lester, Yu Darvish, Cole Hamels, and Jose Quintana make up the Cubs pitching rotation and all are fun to watch. They may not be the best but they’ve all had their moments. Overall, the Cubs just have so many attributes that makes them the most fun team to watch in baseball.